A dental crown is a tooth-shaped prosthetic device placed over an existing tooth to improve its appearance, strength, and function. Crowns can restore a damaged tooth, correct a bite, or replace a missing tooth. Our experienced dentists will prepare the tooth during the procedure by removing any decay and shaping it to fit the crown. An impression will then be taken to ensure a perfect fit. The crown is then placed over the tooth and secured with dental cement. Dental crowns can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
Main reasons Crowns are used:
- To restore a tooth to its original shape and size.
- To replace a large filling.
- To cover a dental implant.
- To cover a discoloured, misshapen tooth.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover a tooth following Root Canal Treatment.